- There are common questions users are trying to answer when they visit a Web site.
- Information architecture is about working out what information should be on a site, and how it should be grouped into pages and sections.
- When users click from page to page, they are often following the scent of information.
- People also use a site’s search function.
- Browsing is easier when there are menus, scannable pages, readable pages, predictable pages, and “You are here” signs.
Search is one of the most important widgets. This lesson shows you how to add a simple search function to your site. You will learn:
- Why search makes your site more valuable.
- How to create a search form on your site.
- How to run Google searches from your site.